We are quickly inching in on 2015. In this day and age I personally find it very difficult and demanding to be a wife, mother, and full time work at home employee. I wear several different hats and I am constantly juggling various activities.
Today I received a text from a friend with the following document in it. It is a scoring sheet on rating a woman on her ability to be a superior wife and mother. This way you can score her before you purchase the cow so to speak. Take a look at the chart. It was the standard in 1930. You can click on the chart to get a better view.
In the above chart it clearly states the duties that the wife is meant to perform. I will now give you my score and line by line ratings.
Demerits: My Score:
- Slow to come to bed—delays until husband is asleep. 1 Yes, some nights I will wait his ass out until I know it is safe to enter the room without being mauled like poor Roy by Mantecore in 2003.
- Doesn’t like Children – 0 I am potentially safe on this question. I am assuming it is referring to your own personal children. I love my children, but I hate other peoples kids. Let’s be honest, we all feel this way, right?
- Fails to sew on buttons or darn socks- 1 I have never sewed a button. I will never darn a sock. I will happily go to the store and buy a new pack of Hanes and call it a day.
- Wears soiled or ragged dresses or aprons- 1 Guilty as charged. There are days I do not get out of my PJ’s. My pajama pants look like they were mauled by Mantecore. They are still my favorite pants, and I am not sure why that makes me a bad wife.
- Wears red nail polish— 1 As we speak I am currently wearing glittery red nail polish that looks sweeeeeeeeeet. My though behind wearing red nail polish as a negative is that it infers the woman is a whore. Well, I guess you can call me Debbie and see if I head for Dallas.
- Often late for appointments– 5 You’ve got me. I haven’t been on time for anything in at least 10 years. I have three kids. I will most likely be late for my funeral.
- Seams in hose often crooked– 1 I wouldn’t wear panty hose if you paid me. Plus they wouldn’t work with my flip flops.
- Goes to bed with curlers and face cream- 0 I do not do this, but once I did get a really bad perm and my entire family called me Chester which was the name of a poodle we use to have.
- Puts her cold feet on her husband to warm them up- 1 Damn straight I do that. My feet are cold, his legs are covered with think hair. Its like a sweater for my feet.
- Is a back seat driver- 1 Guilty as charged. I am the worst back seat driver. I am also a pretty bad regular driver.
- Flirts with other men at parties- 0 I don’t think I am guilty of this one, but you would have to ask my husband. I am not interested in taking on another man, a wife on the other hand would be a welcomed addition to our family.
- Is suspicious and jealous- 0 At the end of the evening I am so tired that my hair hurts. I do not have the time or energy to be jealous. Plus I am assuming he knows that I am handy with a shovel and am not afraid to dig a hole.
- A good hostess- 1 I would say that I am an awesome hostess. I always have my fridge stocked with beer and wine, and I love throwing a party.
- Has meals on time- 1 I do work from home so the majority of the time I have dinner ready and served on the table at 6:30. My husbands only complaint being that most of our meals could be served to nursing home patients because I have cooked them in the crock pot for about 12 hours. One year I only cooked food that I could cover in cream of mushroom soup.
- Can carry on an interesting conversation- 1 If you are reading this then you know I am pretty freaking interesting, however exceptionally inappropriate.
- Can play a musical instrument- 0 I do not play any musical instruments, but I am attempting to teach my vagina to play the flute.
- Dresses for breakfast- 0 As stated before, I sometime never change out of my pajamas. Why on earth would I get dressed to hand you a granola bar?
- Neat housekeeper-tidy- 1 I am giving myself this point because I am at war with my children and house every single day. I do my best to keep maple syrup off of the furniture and fruit loops out of the couch. We own a dog. Her role is to eat anything that falls on the floor. That should count as vacuuming. This is however a daunting task and I am currently losing the battle.
- Personally puts children to bed- 1 Bed time is usually sports center time at my house, which means I am the one putting their asses in bed. I do a lot of screaming and throwing of items as to disrupt his television watching, but it usually has no effect on him.
- Never goes to bed angry- 1 I try not to do this, however sometimes I am simply passing out. That doesn’t count right?
- Asks husbands opinion on important decisions and purchases- 1 I say I do this all the time, however my husband would disagree. I do ask him what he think, I just don’t always do what he says. I am not sure why that is a problem.
- Good sense of humor—jolly and gay- 1 If I do say so myself…Yes I have a pretty good sense of humor. I think that is necessary if you want to stay married and have children. Otherwise you would find me on a bridge taking one last selfie before I jumped.
- Religious-sends children to church and also goes to church- 1 I do my very best with this one. Some Sundays are harder than others, especially after the Saturday drinking that occurred due to the week I had taking care of the demanding demons..AKA children.
- Let’s Husband sleep late on Sundays and Holidays- 1 As soon as the three hemorrhoids march into our room on the weekend, he better be up and out of that bed. I am not a camp counselor. Time to rise and shine Baby.
My score….Drum roll please…………………………… -3
That’s right folks. I scored in the negative rage. Every day I get up, take the kids to school, do the laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, work from home, clean the pool, cut the grass, complete home projects, shuttle kids to sports and activities, cook dinner, provide the required services for my husband and then go to bed so I can get up and do it again the next day. And after all this I got a -3. I am greatful I was not a wife in the 1930’s. I would have never survived. So here’s to ringing in 2015. May your year be filled with good health, well behaved children, wealth, and a husband who knows better than to ask you to sew on a freaking button.