With the new school year upon us, we parents owe a debt of gratitude to the fearless individuals who dare to take on daunting task of educating the future of tomorrow- our kids’ teachers.
Teachers should be celebrated for the tremendous effort & devotion that they put into their jobs on a daily basis. These hilarious Twitter parents are here to remind us just how lucky we are to have them in our lives!
- Teachers should be appreciated all year round (so should summer assignments).
Shout out to the teachers who gave my kids summer homework.
All I have to do is mention it & they disappear. It's like magic.
— Sarcastic Mommy (@sarcasticmommy4) June 17, 2015
2. Their enthusiasm is a great contrast to our -shall we say?- summer fatigue.
It's that point during summer where parents are starting to look how teachers looked at the end of the school year.
— Valerie (@ValeeGrrl) July 25, 2016
3. They have the gift of getting kids to listen,
They spend all day getting many kids to do many things, and I wanna set myself on fire trying to get one kid to do one thing.
— Dad and Buried (@DadandBuried) September 7, 2016
4. And their patience is admirable. Some say miraculous.
I chaperoned a zoo field trip yesterday and helped out with field day today, so now I’m searching for a really good gift for my kids teachers.
— Sara Says Stop (@PetrickSara) June 7, 2018
5. We’re thankful for how they easily break down subject material for our kids…
Me, trying to explain the concept of time and dates to my kid. pic.twitter.com/GZ0DmVkk7X
— MotherPlaylist (@MotherPlaylist) April 5, 2017
6. …so that we don’t have to.
"I'm not sure. Ask your teacher."
-Me, circa Sept – June
— Lurkin' Mom (@LurkAtHomeMom) September 20, 2016
7. Teachers have a way of making learning fun. And occasionally DELICIOUS.
My kid's class did a graphing data project using the marshmallow frequency in their Lucky Charms bowl & now I'm mad at my 1st grade teacher.
— Andy H. (@AndyAsAdjective) March 13, 2017
8. They provide their students with lifelong skills… or try, to, anyway.
If x in my daughter's math homework equation=22, then y= sorry to my 9th grade math teacher for saying I'd never need to use algebra again.
— Stephanie Ortiz (@Six_Pack_Mom) January 20, 2017
9. Their ability to model appropriate behavior is, well, F*n AMAZING!
Once I wanted to be a teacher, but turns out you're "not supposed to" drop the Fbomb in front of little kids.
Your own don't count, right?
— Salty Mermaid (@Jenn_H_Scott) August 18, 2016
10. Teachers deserve a medal just for dealing with the noise. All.Day.Long.
Shout out to school music teachers everywhere who made a choice in life to get trapped in a room with 25 kids learning to play the recorder.
— Danielle and Farrah (@effinghandbook) November 6, 2017
11. We come to depend on them during the school year- especially on school breaks.
“God bless teachers,” I whisper at the start of break.
— Jennifer S. White (@yenniwhite) December 27, 2017
12. Teachers listen, & care when our kids share things with them. All the things.
Whenever my kid's teacher asks how I'm doing, I always want to reply, "Why? What did my kid tell you?"
— Mommy Owl (@Lhlodder) September 24, 2017
13. Students are #1 on their priority list- above going #1. Now THAT’S dedication.
Honestly one of the best parts about a teacher’s summer break is actually being able to pee when you need to.
— bananafanafofisa (@lisaxy424) June 6, 2018
14. Teachers are great about keeping us informed. Really, really great. REALLY.
Me: What's this app do?
Teacher: Keeps you constantly updated. It'll be like your kid is with you all day.
Me: *deletes app*
— James Breakwell (@XplodingUnicorn) November 3, 2016
15. We parents want to properly reward teachers for their efforts.
What's an appropriate gift to give your kids teacher to say "sorry he was up at 4:30 this morning"
I have scotch and Motrin in the cart.
— Classy and Cussing (@DrunkAtThePTA) August 29, 2016
16. Teachers make a lasting impression… not just on the kids (We NEED you!).
I’m not sure who’s going to miss my kids’ teachers more. My kids, or me… probably me.
— The Real American Dadass (@R_A_Dadass) June 19, 2018
17. In fact, their legacy lives on… long after they do.
I'm still afraid of my first-grade teacher. She's dead, sure, but I wouldn't put anything past her.
— Housewife of Hell (@HousewifeOfHell) April 13, 2018
18. Before you know it, we’ll be back to missing them all over again!
It’s the last day of school and I swear to God, I will be the last car in the school pick-up line.
Just licking the last scrapes of that sweet teacher nectar.
— Julie Burton (@ksujulie) May 25, 2018
Thank you, teachers, for all that you do!