The new school year is already moving along at a rapid pace, which is more than we can say about the pace of the traffic at the school morning drop-off. No matter how positive an attitude you may have when preparing to drop off your little ones, the end result is typically a healthy dose of road rage.
The parents of Twitter can relate to your pain; laugh along with them as they share the angst of the dreaded school drop-off each morning.
- The school drop-off is one of the most tedious & annoying parts of parenting.
I'd have reconsidered the idea of having kids if I'd known in advance about school pickup.
— Housewife of Hell (@HousewifeOfHell) September 1, 2015
2. The process shouldn’t be complicated, yet- some people just.don’t.get.it.
Rats can solve complex mazes to get a snack but adult humans can’t figure out the damn school pickup line to get their kids.
— HowToBeADad (@HowToBeADad) August 31, 2018
3. Even preparing for the morning drop-off can be painful… for those around you.
I've yet to witness anything more terrifying than a hangry mom whose kids are making her run late to school drop-off.
— Kim Bongiorno (@LetMeStart) October 25, 2016
4. Most of us thrown on the minimum amount of clothing required & hope for the best.
If you think I won’t wear an oversized hoodie instead of a bra for school drop off, I’d like to thank you for your misplaced faith in me.
— AsKateWouldHaveIt (@KateWouldHaveIt) November 6, 2017
5. Or we rely on YESTERDAY’S clothing, because again- it’s way too early!
My school drop off aesthetic is “why yes, this is the shirt I slept in.”
— MyMomologue (@MyMomologue) September 4, 2018
6. In fact, some of us embrace our hot-mess, pre-caffeinated selves.
"My music so loud
They hopin that they gonna catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty"
– braless me at school drop off
— Julie Burton (@ksujulie) October 18, 2017
7. Well, not too early for some parents.
I'm just trying to hide my bedhead & guzzle coffee while dropping my kids off at school.
Meanwhile, the PTA moms: pic.twitter.com/OC5nUDy19W
— Stephanie Ortiz (@Six_Pack_Mom) January 3, 2017
8. But for most of us, our drop-off look is sheer survival.
My school drop-off look can best be described by the sound of this loose change other parents keep dropping into my coffee cup.
— ?Mommy Curses? (@mommy_cusses) September 20, 2016
9. Seriously- it’s a hot mess in front of that school, & so are we (even if we don’t know it).
If you can't point to the hot mess at school drop off, it might be you.
— MyQuestionableLife (@2questionable) August 17, 2017
10. There’s always someone that causes the line to back up. Always.
Sweet chit chat.
Multiple I love you's.
These life moments are NOT for the school drop off line.
Let's move it, people.
— The Dad Briefs™ (@SladeWentworth) August 31, 2018
11. Why so slow?? Places to be, people! We’ve all got places to be!
There's aggressive driving and there's parents that are late for a school drop off driving.
— Dan Regan (@Social_Mime) September 8, 2018
12. Then there are the huge SUVs clogging the whole lane- YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
Best part about school drop-off is the number of 5'2" moms* with no depth perception** commandeering huge SUVs***
— Valerie (@ValeeGrrl) September 27, 2016
13. I don’t like who I become when I’m trying to drop my kids. And I don’t like you while you’re dropping yours, either.
School function: I'm happy!
PTA meeting: I'm helpful!
Parent/teacher conference: I'm cheerful!
School drop-off car lane: I WILL CUT A BITCH
— Wendy S. (@maughammom) May 24, 2017
14. There are those that try to cut the line- notice I said “try”.
I will connect my car to the bumper of the car in front of me before I let you cut in the school drop off line.
— MyQuestionableLife (@2questionable) March 2, 2018
15. The drop-off makes you hate every single parent at that school. No one is spared.
School drop off lines are a great reminder that I'm the only person left on this planet with any brain cells.
— Lurkin' Mom (@LurkAtHomeMom) September 6, 2017
16. And when it’s over, you get to do it again the next day. And the next, and the next…
Them: How was school drop off this morning?
— The Real American Dadass (@R_A_Dadass) April 27, 2018
And let’s not even get into the insanity that is the after-school pickup!